What is a Devops Cloud Engineer?
A DevOps Engineer is an IT professional who bridges the gap between software development, engineering, and management in order to speed up the software development process.
Localization: Office located in France – Rhônes Alpes – Annecy, or remote working 100% (worldwide)
Experience: 5 years minimum
Studies: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
France contract Status: Cadre
Type of contract: FTE, (fulltime), 100%
Salary: following candidate profile
As a devops Systems Administrator you will assist in the operation, management and administration of Cloudiway’s Corporate and Cloud infrastructure. This position oversees IT server/application administration activities, which includes responsibilities for performing installations, configurations, integration, operations, management, testing and maintenance of new and existing software applications, system monitoring and performance tuning, diagnostics, and troubleshooting, user support coordination, backup and storage management, etc.
This job requires a patient and stable work style and consistency in dealing with assigned tasks. The job requires attention to the details of work, handling then with better-than-average accuracy and with careful attention to the quality of the work.
- Maintaining inventory and asset configuration documentation and documented IT process.
- Communicate downtime, upgrades, and other information to appropriate teams as necessary.
- Manage Users, Privileges and Services in Azure Active Directory and ensure good security practices.
- Creating and configuring cloud resources such as VM, k8s cluster, SQL server, etc.
- Execute tasks as assigned by senior IT staff and report progress or obstacle on daily review.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and implement solutions to optimize the infrastructure operations.
- Design, implement, code, test, document, and maintain systems integration solutions ans scripts.
- Analyze and identify all or part of a company’s existing or new computer (and/or server), peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements, taking into consideration the security rules required by ISO27001 certification.
- Provide Linux Systems Administration of kubernetes and docker containers.
- Execute recurring security maintenance and compliance functions across all our IT system.
- Patch and provide vulnerability evaluation, remediation, and work-off/closure of security findings.
- Implementing monitor configuration management and reporting functions that will constantly check health of our IT environment.
- Documenting, tracking and monitoring the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Strong interpersonal skills with effective verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong etiquette for internal digital communications (Email/Ticketing)
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while managing simultaneous projects
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Technological Systems Management, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent accumulated experience
Experience and profile required
- Technical expertise in identifying, diagnosing, and evaluating end-user computer and account issues, and developing effective mitigation and repair methods.
- Helpdesk Ticketing Software
- Some knowledge about containers (Docker, Cri-O, containerd etc.)
- Knowledge about virtualization, network and protocols.
- Knowledge about daily use of git version control software.
- Other technical, IT skills and programming languages will be also taken into consideration (if you are passionate about other technology – we may be just searching for you)
- The ability of logical and sometimes abstraction thinking (not a strict technical skill but is most certainly required at this role)
- Good English language skills both verbal and written (>B1)