SHAREPOINT ONLINE MIGRATION GUIDE
1. Introduction to SharePoint Online Migration
2. SharePoint Online Migration Prerequisites
4. SharePoint Online Migration Settings
The Get Sites entry under the MIGRATION menu connects to the source and retrieves the full list of Site collections and subsites.
Select the connector you want to connect, click on GET.
Note: you can monitor the progress of this task in the Global Logs.
Once the job is completed, the list displays all the sites. Next, you need to assign a target connector to all the entries.
Select the entries, click on MANAGE, then Assign Target.
Select the connector, click on Assign.
4.1.2. Option 2: CSV file import
If you have a CSV file of all your sites, you can upload the file to Cloudiway.
Click on MANAGE, Import, select the CSV File, the Source and Target Connectors, then click Upload.
4.1.3. Option 3: Create an entry manually
Many of our first-time customers create a single Site for testing purposes.
Click on MANAGE, Create.
- Source Connectors Pool: Select the pool of connectors.
- Target Connectors Pool: Select the pool of connectors.
- Source Recipient Type: Select Classic or Modern Site.
- Target Recipient Type: Select Classic or Modern Site.
- Source Site Name: Enter the name of the Site to migrate.
- Target Site Name: Enter the name of the Site that you want to create (the name can be different).
- Source Site URL: Enter the relative URL of the SharePoint Site.
- Site Address: Select the Site prefix for the URL.
- Target URL: Enter the relative URL of the SharePoint Site.
Click on OK.
Add a Prefix to the Target?
You can add a Prefix to the Target Site Name and Target URL.
In the Site List, check one or multiple objects, go to MANAGE then click on the “Add Prefix” button.
Enter the Prefix in the pop-up then SAVE.
4.2. Global Settings
At this point, you are ready to migrate.
You can review the settings in Global Settings.
4.3. Perform an AuditThe audit is optional and purely informative. It consumes the Cloudiway license. You do not have to run it, unless you wish to see how many files and folders you have in the source site. This feature reports information about the Source Site:
- Number of files,
- Number of libraries,
- Number of pages,
- Number of members,
- Author of the Site,
- Date of last modification.
4.4. Pre-ProcessingThe pre-processing tool creates the Site at the target if it doesn’t already exist. What does the pre-processing tool in detail? At the target:
- It creates Site collections and subsites.
- It migrates the permissions.
- It creates SharePoint libraries.
4.5. Enable Custom Script
Custom script needs to be allowed in the target site.Note: The next commands should be run on PowerShell version 5 Please follow the below steps:
- Install the required module for PowerShell
Install-Module -Name Microsoft.Online.SharePoint.PowerShell
- Connect to SharePoint as a global admin or SharePoint admin in Microsoft 365, where <SharePointOnlineAdministrationUrl> is https://(your tenant name)-admin.sharepoint.com
- Run the following command., where <SiteURL> is https://(your tenant name).sharepoint.com/(site path)
Set-SPOSite -DenyAddAndCustomizePages 0